Easy glitter eye makeup
Glitter eye makeup can really take your boring or bland makeup to the next level, especially for special occasions such as birthday parties, a night of clubbing or maybe even a wedding. It’s fare to say the glitter trend is not for everyone, but it can add some well needed ‘pizzaz’ to your eye makeup so don’t count it out just yet.
Keep in mind that this trend does require some ‘know how’ to achieve a flawless, professional finish. If not done correctly it can look childish or clownish, but when done correctly it is absolutely beautiful.
When it comes to learning a new makeup technique, it’s always good to see how the pros do it. These simple tutorials will show you how to apply glitter eyeshadow and totally rock it!
How to Choose the Right Glitter Eyeshadow
The most important aspect when it comes to applying glitter eyeshadow is having the right products and tools in your arsenal. Loose glitter is what can make glitter eyeshadow so messy, so it’s typically best to go with a liquid product that has a wand like the Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow or the NYX Glitter Liquid Eyeliner. These products make it much easier to apply glitter shadow and ensure it doesn’t get all over your face.
5 Tips for Beginners
Glitter eyeshadow looks can really make your eyes pop, and while it may seem daunting at first, it’s surprisingly easy to learn how to apply glitter eyeshadow. Here are 5 simple beginner tips to get you started.
1. Apply primer. When it comes to glitter eyeshadow, primer is a MUST. Not only does it prevent that horrible midday crease from occurring, but it also ensures your eyeshadow will stay put, which is particularly important when you’re applying glitter to your eyes! There are so many eyeshadow primers to choose from. Most opt for the classic Primer Potion by Urban Decay, but if you’re looking for a wallet-friendly option you can pick up at your local drugstore, NYX has a glitter primer that gets the job done.
2. Apply a light eyeshadow all over your lids. This helps create a smooth and even-colored base to apply your glitter eyeshadow to. I prefer to use a nude color as my base as I don’t like to detract from my glitter eyeshadow, but if you want to create a more dramatic look, you can mix it up with a more vibrant color.
3. Apply glitter eyeshadow directly to your lid. Start in the inner corner and sweep across your lid, ensuring to apply less product to the outer corner. You want to make sure the glitter is concentrated primarily in the inner corners of your lids to really make your eyes pop. I tend to avoid loose glitter and opt for liquid options like Stila Glitter and Glow.
4. Blend with your finger. While you can spend (what feels like) hours blending different eyeshadow shades to achieve the perfect smokey eye, applying glitter eyeshadow is much easier in that there isn’t a whole lot of blending required. Simply apply, blend quickly with your fingers, and viola!
5. Add a highlight color to your brown bone. There are tons of different glitter eyeshadow looks you can try (see below for the best glitter eye makeup tutorial videos!), but a great tip for beginners is to keep it simple. The glitter is meant to be the focal point of your look. With that said, adding a little highlighter to your brow bone will lift and illuminate your brows. Benefit Cosmetic’s High Brow Glow Pencil is a great choice as it’s creamy and smooth and blends soooo easily.
Easy hairstyles for long hair for school step by step
Parents, rejoice! Back-to-school season is nearly upon us! But here’s the thing… The first day of school is all about making that perfect first impression. I mean, it kinda sets the stage for the entire school year, right? So in other words, it’s imperative that...
Perfect Waves for a Wedding
If you are a lucky owner of naturally curly healthy hair, you have everything you need for a fantastic look. Just use a jeweled hairpin or a large flower to keep your side locks a bay. You are going to look super exotic – just right for a destination beach wedding!...
Manhattan cocktail recipe
Make it a Manhattan kind of night and the highlight of any Happy Hour with the Basil Hayden Bourbon take on the classic cocktail. Manhattan Cocktail RecipeI find the Manhattan cocktail recipe certainly an extremely intriguing one. And it also was subject to...
Healthy granola recipe
Quick and easy to make, this homemade chocolate cherry granola is a fantastic breakfast or snack. Especially when it’s homemade – so much better and healthier then the stuff you get at the store. Plus you can put whatever you want in it then. Including chocolate....
Colourful feed-in Braids with Extensions
Colourful hairstyle for summer/festival hair. Bright hues like pink, blue and green give this otherwise straightforward style a fresh twist. Even better, opting for extensions means you can get a striking look without damaging your hair with bleach or dye. The...
Yellow summer eye makeup step by step
The vibrancy of yellow works best in bringing all eyes to you. Why make your makeup meek and subtle when you can go for something really bold and zesty. While you would think it wouldn't suit your style, once you try it, you will know why it is famous for being one...
209 total views, 1 views today