Healthy granola recipe
Quick and easy to make, this homemade chocolate cherry granola is a fantastic breakfast or snack. Especially when it’s homemade – so much better and healthier then the stuff you get at the store. Plus you can put whatever you want in it then. Including chocolate. Because yes, chocolate does belong in your breakfast food.
2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
170g rolled oats
50g ground almonds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons flaked almonds
50g dried cherries
50g Montezuma’s Black Forest Gateau Dark Chocolate, chopped
Natural or coconut yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 150C ( 250F) and place some greaseproof paper onto a large baking sheet.
- In a small jug or mug whisk together the cacao or cocoa powder with 2 tablespoons boiling water, oil, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix together the oats, ground almonds and cinnamon in a bowl then stir in the cacao mixture and stir well to form a slightly sticky mixture.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly onto the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Stir in the almonds, cherries and chocolate chunks and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the oats have crispened up and the chocolate has melted.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the tray – the melted chocolate will set and create extra large clumps of granola, yum!
- Serve some granola with yogurt and toasted coconut flakes !
Parents, rejoice! Back-to-school season is nearly upon us! But here’s the thing… The first day of school is all about making that perfect first impression. I mean, it kinda sets the stage for the entire school year, right? So in other words, it’s imperative that...
If you are a lucky owner of naturally curly healthy hair, you have everything you need for a fantastic look. Just use a jeweled hairpin or a large flower to keep your side locks a bay. You are going to look super exotic – just right for a destination beach wedding!...
Make it a Manhattan kind of night and the highlight of any Happy Hour with the Basil Hayden Bourbon take on the classic cocktail. Manhattan Cocktail RecipeI find the Manhattan cocktail recipe certainly an extremely intriguing one. And it also was subject to...
Colourful hairstyle for summer/festival hair. Bright hues like pink, blue and green give this otherwise straightforward style a fresh twist. Even better, opting for extensions means you can get a striking look without damaging your hair with bleach or dye. The...
The vibrancy of yellow works best in bringing all eyes to you. Why make your makeup meek and subtle when you can go for something really bold and zesty. While you would think it wouldn't suit your style, once you try it, you will know why it is famous for being one...
How we dress has long been an indicator of social status, occupation, or position. Take for example the saying "well-heeled" as a reference to the upper class, or the shorthand "slip-shod" to talk about poor craftsmanship. When you look at these phrases, you can...
393 total views, 1 views today